Files in the Dataset have been checked for format consistency, and merged into a single, integrated, downloadable file.Download Entire Dataset Submit Data For This Cruise How to Cite Dataset
Here are the first 19 pages of the data report from the 1984 occupation of P16. I will send over a copy for Kristin to keep in her files. The report includes a data listing for each station and a set of profiles for each station, which we have not scanned in.
Jan. 7, 2004 WOCE ID pr16_00a EXPOCODE 31WTMARAII .sum Corrected time for sta. 7, EN. Had 4050 changed to 0405. See email below. Corrected time for sta. 28, BE. Had 2938 changed to 1938. See email below. Corrected longitude for sta. 43. Had 159 changed to 151. See email below. Stations 28, 32, 43, 46, 50, 54, 62, 66, 70, and 82 are stations that start on one day and end the next day after midnight. All of these stations had the wrong day for EN, I changed them to the correct day. Station 36 had the day for BE as 16 and it should have been 15. I changed it to 15. Station 45 has a time of 0000 for BE, BO, and EN, I left it that way. Station 51 had the day for BE, BO, and EN as 19. It should have been 20, so I changed it to 20. Station 89 had the month as 05 and the day as 31 for EN. It should have been month 06 and day 01, so I changed it. Removed CR's from end of lines. Some adding and deleting of spaces to make file conform to the WHP format. .sea Removed the Q1 and Q2 flags for REVPRS and REVTMP and eliminated the *'s under those parameters. .ctd The ctd's were all in one file. Broke the file into individual stations, and added headers. There were no Q1 flags, so I put 9 for all the -9.0 values and 2 for all the other values. In order to get sta. 3 and sta. 6 converted to exchange I had to put a bogus bottom UNC DEPTH in the .sum file. This was only used for the conversion to exchange.
Merged the TRITUM and TRITER data I got from Lynne Talley into file p16_1984ahy.txt (Marathon II). There were no QUALT flags, so I set the Q1 and Q2 flags for TRITUM to 2. The files for this line still need to be linked.
This cruise has been relabeled from pr16_00a to p16_1984a. All files have been renamed and/or remade to reflect this change. This cruise's data has been moved from the repeat data area to the new co2clivar data directories. All original files and notes regarding reformatting and other issues have been moved also. This cruise will not link to the public site until the change to the information has been entered into the database and the new web page has been made public.
There is not a cruise report for this, unless Lynne has documentation that was sent many years ago. Our files are gone with the 9-track tape that the data were saved on. Several years ago we tried to read all of the 9-track tapes because we knew they were deteriorating and we finally had some money to do this. Several tapes were unreadable, and the one with documentation must have been in that category.
We have created the subdirectory pr16_00a to accommodate the newest pr16 pre-WOCE cruise. This directory nomenclature scheme allows us to append to the front side of the alphabetical listing of WOCE cruises. There already exists a pr16_0a, therefore an additional zero was added to denote an earlier (chronologically) cruise.
The country is 31 (USA), the ship is WT (Thomas Washington), the expedition is Marathon II, date is June - July, 1984. I can't find our data report, but I don't think there were other legs for this cruise. It is a Lynne Talley cruise.
I did convert it, the bottle data, to WOCE format. I sent Lynne a *.sea and *.sum file. I wanted to do a little fine-tuning on it, not data changes, but more likely quality code consistency.