Files in the Dataset have been checked for format consistency, and merged into a single, integrated, downloadable file.Download Entire Dataset Submit Data For This Cruise How to Cite Dataset
SUBMISSION I03I04_2003_20111028_hy1.csv submitted by Alex Kozyr on 2011-10-28 containing updated data from the JAMSTEC site replaced online file. The following parameters were added: SBE35 SBE35_FLAG_W DWNPRS DWNPRS_FLAG_W DWNOXY DWNOXY_FLAG_W SILUNC NRAUNC NRIUNC PHPUNC PH_TOT PH_TMP PH_TOT_FLAG_W TOC TOC_FLAG_W TRITUM TRITUM_FLAG_W TRITER CS-137 CS-137_FLAG_W CS137ER PLUTO PLUTO_FLAG_W PLUTOER SIG0 The following parameters had only -999 data which were replaced by measured values: C13ERR C14ERR CFC-11 CFC-11_FLAG_W CFC-12 CFC-12_FLAG_W CFC113 CFC113_FLAG_W DELC14 DELC14_FLAG_W DELC13 DELC13_FLAG_W The following columns had changes to data: OXYGEN CTDOXY BTLNBR_FLAG_W SALNTY_FLAG_W SALNTY TCARBN_FLAG_W The following changes were made to the submission file: SECT changed to SECT_ID TIME units changed from 'UTC' to '' LATITUDE units changed from 'DEG' to '' LONGITUDE units changed from 'DEG' to '' DEPTH units changed from 'M' to 'METERS' PH_TMP units changed from 'DEG_C' to 'DEG C'; CS-137 units changed from 'BQ/CUM' to 'BQ/M^3' NOTE: not expected 'DM/.1MG' CS137ER units changed from 'BQ/CUM' to 'BQ/M^3' PLUTO units changed from 'MBQ/CUM' to 'MBQ/M^3' PLUTOER units changed from 'MBQ/CUM' to 'MBQ/M^3' SIG0 units changed from 'KG/CUM' to 'KG/M^3' The following parameters were changed to expected units but have no measured values: TOC units changed from 'UMOL/KG' to '' TRITER units changed from 'KBQ/CUM' to 'TU' TRITUM units changed from 'KBQ/CUM' to 'TU' IN ORIGINAL The following issues were found in the original file: duplicates at the following stations, all data identical 523 481 477 original goes to station 447, JAMSTEC submission goes further to station 444 REPLACEMENT FILE NetCDF bottle file not created WOCE bottle file created using exchange_to_wocebot.rb (J Fields) Exchange file opened in JOA with no apparent problems Working directory: /data/co2clivar/indian/i03/i03_2003a/original/2011.10.31_jamstec_cberys/
Update from Jamstec
Expocode: 49NZ20031209 Ship: MIRAI Woce Line: I03/I04_2003 Note: Copied this file from JAMSTEC web site per Dr. Murata. Changed header fro PH to PH_TOT, added the column for PH_TMP, changed EXPOCODE. Note: there are additional data in the file (DELC14, DELC13 and others). I would recommend to replace old files with these ones.
Copied this file from JAMSTEC web site per Dr. Murata. Changed header fro PH to PH_TOT, added the column for PH_TMP, changed EXPOCODE. Note: there are additional data in the file (DELC14, DELC13 and others). I would recommend replacing old files with these new ones.
Expocode: 49NZ20031209 (BEAGLE_2003, 49M Ship: Mirai Woce Line: I03/I04_2003 Note: Updated with new PH header file from 49NZ20031209 (BEAGLE_2003, CLIVAR I03/I04_2003, 49MR03K04_5) sections made by Japanese on Mirai. I change a header PH to PH_TOT, added new column PH_TMP, changed EXPOCODE to 49NZ20031209.
Name: Alexander Kozyr Institute: CDIAC/ORNL Country: USA Expo: 49NZ20031209 (BEAGLE_2003, 49MR03K04_5) Line: I03/I04_2003 Date: 2003-12-09 Action: Place Online Notes: Updated with new PH header file from 49NZ20031209 (BEAGLE_2003, CLIVAR I03/I04_2003, 49MR03K04_5) sections made by Japanese on Mirai. I change a header PH to PH_TOT, added new column PH_TMP, changed EXPOCODE to 49NZ20031209.
According to Francis Mitchell at NOAA the "NODC Code for the Mirai is 49NZ." Therefore, I changed the first 4 characters of the expocode from 49MR to 49NZ.
We decided to call the Beagle cruises by their individual WOCE lines. Directories are set up for p6 and a10, however the directory for i03/i04 (which we decided was to be all together under i03) isn't set up correctly, there needs to be a subdirectory for it (i03_2003a). I/we can't create that directory because Steve owns it and has the incorrect permissions set. I just emailed him about this problem for a16s and I thought he said he took care of it. But this still is happening a lot. Everything I create (and you and anyone else) seems to get turned over to Steve as owner and permissions never are set correctly for others to create/copy/move/etc. So... the answer is two out of the three directories are set and ready to go, and yes they are in the clivar area. I hope Steve sees this and is able to log on and change the i03 and i04 directory permissions. i04 directory needs to be removed and i03 needs the correct subs. Let me know when the files are there and I can start making the web pages and station tracks and link files in (for p6 and a10).
I prepared CD-ROM contents (documents, data, and figures) of the BEAGLE2003 data book for you on a following web page in advance of sending the data book with the CD-ROM to you. You can access to the web page using following user_id and password.